Tuesday 6 November 2012

Using Lift-the-Flap books in presentations

When I was writing my blog about "pop-up books", I didn't include lift-the-flap books (obviously). I have used odd pages from some of these publications in my presentations or as inspiration for my own slides. For example, when I'm talking about adaptation, and in particular camouflage, I might fade one image into another to engage the audience and have them "spot" the hidden animal.


Who's in the Jungle by H.J.Gondek Illus by C. Gilvan-Cartwright ISBN  to come
(Heh! Just opened another tab, imported my images and produced this gif with GIFPAL from Google. Very helpful.)
My favourite bit of software to show camouflage was Microscoft's Dangerous Creatures. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with modern operating systems. Why don't they re-do some of these wonderful programmes. Dorling Kindersley too!

Here's a list of life-the-flap books you might find useful with children:-
     Who's in the Jungle? - H.J. Gondek (   )
     Who's on the Farm? - H.J. Gondek (   )
     Look out, lion cub! - M. Coxon (   ) 
     Kitten finds a home - M. Coxon (   )
     Pingu - ?? (   ) BBC Children's Books
I will try and complete the details of these but my books are in a bit of a muddle at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment