Sunday 18 November 2012

Healthy Living

This week I'm going into a school to spend two days with the children on Healthy Living as part of Science Week. The format is straight forward, I'll give them a chat and then they'll show their knowledge and understanding by either creating a comic in Comic Life or a leaflet in 2Simple Publish.


Sample sections of a 2Simple Publish leaflet

We hope to be able to print the leaflets and comic to distribute to parents.

My friend who is a linguist was showing me some interesting work he was doing with older children on the same theme but in French. He wanted me to check the Science which was absolutely fine. When he asked me if there was anything else, it struck me that often when talking about a healthy diet "they" talk about portions (two of this and five of that) but often don't say what a portion is and how it varies with age, sex and activity. 

Mm, I'd better check my presentations before the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment