Thursday 22 November 2012

Healthy Living - Day One

Today I was working on Healthy Living with Year 5 & 6. IT was a minor problem, almost predictably, with software going missing and the projector determined to have its filters cleaned even though they'd only just been done. However, the two session went really well.


First, my lecture was well received and the children showed a good depth of knowledge and participated with enthusiasm. We sang along to "Skin" by Roy Bailey and listened to a poem, "I wish I'd looked after my teeth".

I could have predicted a slight hiccup when talking about foods and food chemicals. I wish I'd had more time to clarify this for them. Similarly, linking sugar with carbohydrates where I could have done with my "popper beads".
The activity today was Comic Life and didn't they do well. I reminded them of the software, pointed them to the images and asked them to produce work we could print and circulate to parents. I was very impressed by their design skills as well as the content of text boxes and speech bubbles. 

One more point. I should have had a list of keywords for the children. I had intended to use the projector in the room but it was broken. Tomorrow I'll have a printed list.



No comments:

Post a Comment