Friday 2 November 2012

Hair in Funny Places and more - Babette Cole



Rocket reconstruction






I was in York today visiting the National Railway Museum but couldn't resist the urge to pop into one or two charity shops. I found a copy of Wind in the Willows illustrated by Babette Cole. It's also a pop-up book.










Firstly, Babette Cole and the blog title. I became aware of her through a series of books which were brilliant to use with children e.g. The Slimy Book and The Smelly Book. Being obsessive, I started to collect all her books and discovered some of them were really great teaching tools:-
     Mummy Laid An Egg - about where babies come from
     Hair in Funny Places - about puberty
     Two of everything - about grown ups
     
Cape (1999) ISBN 0224047639

Cape (1997) ISBN 0-22404-652-7


If I'd thought earlier in the week, I'd have mentioned her concertina pop-up book, Don't Go Out Tonight, to go with Halloween.


Hamish Hamilton (1982) ISBN 0 241 10732 6


For a complete list of Babette's books please visit her website.

http://www.babette-cole.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment