Monday 3 September 2012

Light & Shadow

Being a Science teacher, I love it when someone asks about a Science topic. This time it's Light & Shadow. 



First thoughts were for a Funny Bones book (Shine A Light, Heinemann ISBN 0-434-80386-3) by Janet & Allan Ahlberg where you have transparencies that you shine a torch through to help tell the story on the ceiling. Then my thoughts turned to those fantastic Thai shadow puppet displays and a rather expensive book I have called Shadow Puppets and Shadow Play by David Currell (Crowood ISBN 978-1-861269-24-9). 


Finally, a video on You Tube advertising Shadowland by Pilobolus which totally knocked my socks off when I first saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgvmlqqkofM&feature=relmfu

These resources should engage the children and make the Science content fun to teach.

Oh! The school are also doing Peter Pan who lost his shadow! Another train of thought takes me to Jan Pienkowski who has illustrated a number of books with silhouettes. 


Nosferatu!

No comments:

Post a Comment