Friday 7 September 2012

ASE etc


I sat down to write about the ASE (Association for Science Education), Science teaching and Science teachers. I was going to praise The Primary Science Review as an exemplary journal. I was going to include the Institutes of Biology and Physics and The Chemistry Society for all their good work liaising with the government on behalf of teachers. I was going to praise all the wonderful, caring teachers that I've met. I was going to call on my experience as research worker, Head of Science, privileged teacher of primary children, lover of IT and my iPad.

Why? Because membership of the ASE is falling. 

We seem to have lost touch with teachers.

So? I haven't a clue how to help. Life and Society move on and maybe something new is needed, though what I don't know. I'm not even sure I want to be part of the debate anymore.



Bravo if you've waded through this. I promise no repetitions in future- just thoughts and resources. Next time - Animation.


No comments:

Post a Comment