Saturday 1 December 2012

Thank you Sunderland

On Friday, I was to spend the day with students from the University looking at Science and IT. After a sleepless night, I made the long trip to be confronted by 50 students. I needn't have worried. They were welcoming and willing to take me as I am. They warmed to the day, got involved in the task and, from their evaluations, went away happy. Their tutor supplied me with copious coffee and many supportive comments.

Title slide of my talk
My talk covered the hardware, software and approaches that I used in my 10 years working for Redcar & Cleveland such as:-
Software - The 2Simple Collection, Comic Life, Crazy Talk, Kar2ouche, Audacity and Photostory in addition to M/S Office and Adobe products
Hardware - PCs, Macs, iPods, iPads, video cameras, data-loggers, video microscopes etc
Approaches - 3D content, animation, video and the Immersive Room (future blog)
One of my example ppt slides
The students used PowerPoint to make a presentation based on a set of criteria and my example. The did a really good job, managing in a relatively short time to produce an engaging and knowledgeable talk, often with a real challenge to understanding, delivered with enthusiasm, wit and humour.
Thanks to everyone. Look out for the "Pee and Poo" post in the next day or so, keep in touch and all the best for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment