Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Great Fire of London

A colleague asked me what ideas and resources I had to teach about the Great Fire. Not many I'm afraid. 
She suggested that she'd be using 2Simple software with her Y1-2. I'd probably do the same. I'd get them to write a postcard with their own drawing or a modified imported image. 
If I was adventurous, I'd try them on animation which at this age is not easy. I produced the gif below by copying and modifying an image using 2Animate.


I'd also be tempted to try 2Create-a-Story. The example below is a gif rather than the Flash file 2Create-a-Story can generate.


As far as printed resources go, I've come across very little. The images above (and other references) come from various sources including:-
City of Fire by A. Gibbons Collins 1995 ISBN 0-00-301173-9
Horrible Histories Magazine 20 : Burning Boils : 18-21
TES Teacher November 11, 2005 (poster)
National Education Network image bank

Hope this helps someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment