Thursday 6 December 2012

I survive Pingu's Igloo

Yes, I've survived the cold and the dark of Pingu's Igloo to emerge with a much better understanding and a little more confidence with teaching Early Years. 
As the story developed over the sessions, there was one bit I really looked forward to. It wasn't the elves snoring in the bedroom but a polar bear. When polar bears wake up they are grumpy and bad tempered. They have a mouth full of big, sharp teeth. They have sharp claws at the ends of their paws and when noisy children wake them up they have an almighty ROAR!!. 



Just leave me in peace, please.

I didn't mean to frighten that little girl. The children were much more frightening than me. 
It was a lovely experience and, though my initial painful attempts at story-telling were not the best, by the time I'd finished...well, I was quite happy with how I'd developed. Thanks children.

PS One big mistake was to think the children would have heard about Hobbits. In version 2 of the story, Bilbo was replaced by a bright blue Smurf.

No comments:

Post a Comment