Friday 26 October 2012

Adaptation : Boa constrictor

This is the first of an intermittent series of resource blogs that might prove useful to someone.

Adaptation : The boa constrictor (and other constrictor snakes such as the anaconda and python)
Madagascar tree boa 
Powerful body muscles which hold the prey, gradually contracting and causing suffocation. A dislocatable jaw to get the food into the gut. 

A poem by Shel Silverstein

“Oh, I'm being eaten
By a boa constrictor,
A boa constrictor,
A boa constrictor,
I'm being eaten by a boa constrictor,
And I don't like it--one bit.
Well, what do you know?
It's nibblin' my toe.
Oh, gee,
It's up to my knee.
Oh my,
It's up to my thigh.
Oh, fiddle,
It's up to my middle.
Oh, heck,
It's up to my neck.
Oh, dread,
It's upmmmmmmmmmmffffffffff . . .”


The poem has become a song e.g. Peter, Paul and Mary on the CD "Peter, Paul & Mommy" (1969) Warner Bros. (the album also contains Puff (The magic Dragon) and Going to the Zoo)

and by Johnny Cash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd0cX1dogtk

No comments:

Post a Comment