Sunday 26 August 2012

iPads - my favourite apps

I've had my iPad a few months now and have worked with a couple of schools using them.
My best teaching experience (and there were several) involved making an interview with an Olympic athlete. Children (Y4) wrote the dialogue of an interview, recorded the interview, used Morpho to animate photos of their athlete and interviewer and then brought the whole thing together with titles and credits in iMovie. This was an afternoon activity that I thought they might struggle to complete. However, all groups completed the task with time to spare and very big grins.
On a personal level, these are the apps that I've enjoyed the most:-
     The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lesmore (costs)


     Little Fox Music Box (free)
     NASA Spacecraft 3D (free)
My wife is addicted to Pengword (free).
I'm hoping that in the months to come I'll be able to get more involved with children using apps to communicate their knowledge, skills and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment