Saturday 25 August 2012

Fairy Tales

Rackham's Fairy Tale Colouring Book



I've done a fair bit on traditional tales recently and picking this book up made me think of all the great illustrators and artistic styles that we can introduce children to, in addition to the stories. For example if we take Little Red Riding Hood






Also, we can progress this idea to linking illustrators to modern children's writers. Here I have to plug my two favourite illustrators - Charles Keeping and Chris Riddell.




Finally, I'll draw a line under this by referring you to an exploration of free children's books for the iPad and the recent comments by Chris Riddell about the future of books and illustration:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/booksblog/2012/aug/12/chris-riddell-new-era-illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment