Tuesday 9 April 2013

Exploring Space with the Immersive Room

I've mentioned Space and the Immersive Room in previous blogs but this week I was hoping to have the opportunity to use the set up in a slightly different way. I intended to use the room for children to explore the interfaces to find and collect data about the planets. The accumulated information could be tabulated and graphed e.g. average temperature and distance from the Sun and then conclusions drawn from the data and any anomalies highlighted.






Unfortunately, the event was cancelled and the resources sit waiting to be interrogated on my hard drive. If, and when, the chance arises again, I'll let you know the children's response.

PS I'm heavily into Lego at the moment (for animation and sense & control) and would love to be creative enough to make this orrery.

Apologies for losing the information about this image

No comments:

Post a Comment