Wednesday 27 March 2013

Tudors at Inspire 2Learn

On Friday, I was at Inspire 2 Learn to deliver a day on the Tudors to pupils from a Redcar school. Their knowledge was excellent and my lecture was taken over by them telling me what they knew. There then followed a trip down the 3D Tudor Street, dropping in at the Great Hall, local pub, peasant's cottage and the hunting lodge. Oh! And dodging the poo flung from an upstairs window. This, in turn, was followed by pupils using Kar2ouche to produce a presentation about life for the rich and poor in Tudor times and a visit to the Immersive Room to explore the lives of the Tudor Monarchs.
Screenshots of interactive presentations made in Mediator




It was an intense and busy day which the pupils seem to have really relished. In their evaluations, 41 out of 58 gave the day 10 out of 10. Typical comments included:-
"I liked the 3D, the screening area and the computers. Thanks."
"I enjoyed making a slide show on the touch-screen computers and watching the 3D showing of a tudor street."
"I especily enjoyed waching the 3d movie although I also liked the touch screen computers."
"It was very fun and entertaining. better than workin in pen in school."
Inspire 2 Learn's great facilities were enjoyed by the children. Redcar & Cleveland have a powerful educational tool to be nurtured and developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment