Tuesday 1 January 2013

Scorpia Rising by Anthony Horowitz



I've been given a copy of Scorpia Rising to read before a future event that I hope to be involved in. I've got a couple of Anthony Horowitz books that are still unread although I have listened to Stormbreaker as an audio-book and read it as a graphic novel*. I might try and find a cheap copy of the movie that was made in 2006.
I love researching stuff so have been on Wikipedia and Horowitz's site to find out more. I thought Horowitz was prolific and wasn't wrong. Scorpia Rising is the 9th novel in the Alex Rider series. There are also the Book of Five series and the Diamond Brothers series, as well as other children's and adult books.

Alex Rider is a sporty teenager who gets involved with the secret service. Other authors in this genre I suppose include Chris Ryan, James Patterson and Robert MuchmoreI have yet to read Chris Ryan & Robert Muchmore but really enjoyed the Maximum Ride series of books by Patterson. I'm not the quickest of readers so some more recent books are still to be read.






I was surprised to find computer games and action figures were produced to accompany the Strombreaker movie.




I've just read the first chapter of Scorpia Rising and can't believe the tie in of this with Prof Munakata's British Museum Adventure which I've just read and blogged about. Spooky. I now have a much better idea of my approach to that upcoming event. Hopefully, I'll be able to blog about it soon.

*It's the graphic novel tack that I'm hoping to use with children in the future. Comic Life will be the software but I haven't hit on the best way to source images yet. I'd really like to use photographs of the children in "action" poses but need to put a lot more thought into this over the next week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment